Trendy kitchen item of 2017: Air Fryer! I am obsessed with mine. Besides the oven, it is the most used item in my house. When I saw Skinny Taste’s Mini Bell Pepper Loaded Turkey Nachos I became inspired. I definitely don’t go as awesome as her recipe, but my take gets the job done.
The biggest obstacle with using an air fryer in general is space. I had to start cooking my peppers way before I began cooking the meat because I had to do multiple batches. IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT! Each pepper had enough structure for the meat and cheese but melted in my mouth. Also that char, so good!
- 1 LB lean ground beef (96/4 is what I used)
- 5 bell peppers, sliced into quarters (20 total)
- 4oz can of green chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning.
- 1/3 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange single layer of pepper quarters in the air fryer. Spray with cooking spray and season with S&P. Cook at 400 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Repeat till all peppers are cooked. After each batch, carefully transfer to tinfoil-lined baking sheet.
- While the peppers are going, heat a skillet to medium-high heat and brown the ground beef. Toss in the green chiles. Add taco seasoning per packet instructions and simmer.
- Set your oven to broil. On the baking sheet that peppers were transferred to, add a spoon of the taco meat to each pepper. Top each with cheese. Place tray in the oven for 1-2 minutes, just enough to melt the cheese.
- Enjoy! As an afterthought, I realized I should have added some salsa or maybe some sour cream for an extra SmartPoint or two.