I am a lazy person in the kitchen. Seriously, recipes with 20 ingredients where I have to climb to the top of mountain to find the mystic herb does not fly with me. So when I see blender recipes: as in throw everything into a blender, blend, pour into a dish, bake, and serve…I am all ears.
Enter Banana Blender Muffins. Inspired by a recipe from Well Plated, I tweaked the recipe to make it more Weight Watchers friendly. These muffins are only 4SP a muffin!!
Banana Blender Muffins – 12 servings
- 1 cup quick (rolled) oats
- 1 cup Kodiak Power Cakes Mix (buttermilk)
- 1 single serve container of Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 very ripe, large bananas
- 2 eggs
- Drizzle of honey (around 1/2 of tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 bittersweet chips (60% cacao) per muffin. (I used ghiradelli baking chips).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dump everything minus the chips into a blender. If your blender isn’t fancy pants (like mine) I recommend putting all wet ingredients in first and then dry on top. You most likely will have to scrap the sides a few times during blending.
- Blend to a thick batter consistency.
- Divide batter into a muffin tin. Be sure to grease the tin and muffin cups!
- Place 5 chips ontop of each muffin. I didn’t mix it into the batter for consistency/smartpoints reasons. If you don’t care you could mix them in at the end of step 3 (after blending).
- Bake for 15-17 minutes and do the toothpick test to make sure they baked through!
- Let cool, or be impatient like me, and devour!