Bananas and chocolate are a gold medal winning combo. Am I right? Of course I am. Truth to be told, sometimes I am really bad about eating bananas. When life gives you too many ripe bananas, you make bread out of them.
My goal with this recipe was to add no additional sugar. Only rely on the sugar in the bananas and in the Kodiak Cakes Dark Chocolate Power Cakes Mix to sweeten it up. One taste tester said it was not sweet enough #sadface. I and another tester thought the bread was perfectly sweet #happyface. It is all personal preference.
Recipe inspired by The Huffington Post.
Chocolate Chia Seed Banana Bread
Weight Watchers’ SmartPoints: 4 SP per slice
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups of Kodiak Cakes Dark Chocolate Power Cakes Mix
- 2 tablespoons of Chia Seeds, plus a pinch more to sprinkle on top.
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine dry ingredients: Power Cakes mix, chia seeds (2 tablespoons), baking soda/powder, salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients: Bananas, egg, melted butter. I used a hand mixer to obtain a smooth consistency.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Use non-stick spray to coat a 10″ by 5″ baking dish.
- Pour combined batter into baking dish. Sprinkle additional chia seeds on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Use a cake tester or toothpick to check if done. Add on additional bake time if needed.
- Allow bread to cool before removing from baking dish.
- Devour! Try not to eat it all in one day.
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Kodiak Cakes. I wish I was though. Their mixes are AHmazing.